Removing old carpet is an easy job with a few simple carpet removal tools. You will see how to remove the underlay and what tools should use to do the job. Removing old carpet doesn’t have to be a chore. Carpet can stain and wear out over time. When you removing old carpet, watch out sticking up from the tack strips and then carefully remove staples with pliers.
Tools and materials that are required for removing carpet are:
- Utility knife
- Pry bar
- Dust mask
- Garbage bags
Remove the carpet with tackless strips:
First, slide a flat pry bar under one edge of the carpet and several tacks at a time. Precede this process until all tacks are removed.
Remove carpet installed with carpet tacks:
Remove the mouldings and cut the carpet into manageable strips with a utility knife. Pry up on the carpet corner and then free from the strip along both walls. Repeat this process until the entire carpet is free. Finally, if you want to save the carpet for scraps, release one corner along the wall. Once the carpet is free, simply roll it up and remove it from the room.
How to remove carpet?
Things you will need
- Box knife
- Eye protection
- Dust mask
- Work gloves
- Pry bar
To remove carpet, some of the procedures are given
- First, decide the final goal of your remodelling and figure out how you will dispose of the old carpet by tools.
- Move the furniture out of the area where you will be removing old carpet.
- Wear heavy work gloves because you are working around staples, tacks and rough carpet edge.
- Use a utility knife to slice the carpet into manageable strips and roll the strips up.
- Another way is to remove old carpet in larger pieces and cut it up.
- The carpet padding will also need to be replaced and just stapled down. This will be used for remove the carpet padding underneath.
- Remove the tack strips and make sure that you have gloves and eye protection.
- Pliers and a flat bladed screwdriver will help to get underneath.
- Clean the floor to remove debris from the old carpet.
You must have carpet cleaning tools and you just need to find the right cleaning tools and equipment which can help you clean your carpet in most effective way.
- Vacuum cleaner – it is the best way to get rid of dust and dirt in your carpet. This is used for daily cleaning and can help you dust off your carpet.
- Carpet brush – the best tool to use is the carpet brush and to remove them even with vacuum cleaners.
- Cotton towels – this will help to avoid the stain from seeping into the fiber of the carpet.
You have to be careful in choosing the tools as some might be effective cleaners but they can cause damage to the carpets.