Carpet tiles are easy to install and alternative to the conventional wall to wall carpeting. Carpeting remains the most popular flooring choice for homeowners. Density is one of the keys to durability in a carpet.
Some tips that should read before starting:
- To conserve energy choose a wall to wall carpeting with very dense.
- If floors are in bad condition, it may be cheaper to carpet them wall to wall.
- Cut your extra carpet according to your room. For security, place padding beneath with special carpet tape.
- Patterned carpets are extremely practical because they won’t show dirt. Abstract patterns are useful for shaped rooms.
How to install carpet tiles wall to wall?
There are several steps to install the carpet:
- Clean the floor thoroughly and make sure it is completely dry.
- First, determine the area of the room and measure the walls in your room.
- Lay perpendicular starter rows of carpet tiles along the second set of chalk lines.
- Connect the tiles in the starter rows together and press the tile edges.
- Make sure that the subfloor should me clean and smooth
- Install the tackless strips. Tackless strips will come in variety of widths and heights
- Install the carpet pad and staple it near the tackless strips
- Cut away the padding along the interior edge of the strip
- Trim the carpet to size and take it back inside
- Cut away the excess carpet
- Attach the carpet to the tackless strips at one end
- Trim the excess from the edge and stretch the carpet
- Cut the border tile with a carpet knife
- Complete the installation by working outward from the center of the room.
Benefits of carpet:
When you decide to install wall to wall, you can count on it having a big impact on the look of the space. Carpeting provides many benefits that can’t be matched by other flooring types such as hardwood. Carpeting is warm and soft. There are a lot of factors to consider when selecting the best carpeting for a room.
Pros and Cons of wall to wall carpeting:
- Cost – this makes it easy to find carpeting that fits nearly any budget. It comes to carpeting with many options in varying price.
- Warmth – carpeting also offers warmth during the winter months. Carpeting can also offer texture and warmth which is important in interior design.
- Sound – carpeting is quiet to walk on. This may cause an echo in the room. Though the sound is not necessarily part of interior design in flooring types for their home.
- Maintenance – carpeting can be extremely difficult to maintain. It requires regular vacuuming and deep cleaning. This can increase how quickly the carpet gets dirty and increase the amount of time to clean it.
- Collects Dirt – carpeting must be regularly cleaned to prevent dirt. It can also collect moisture relatively easy.
Though wall to wall carpeting is great for matching specific decorating ideas and this article is helpful for installing wall to wall carpeting.