Installing Carpet around Doors is not that simple as we talk about it. It requires some dedication and professionalism. There are some important things present which are to be followed to get the job done right. And thus, by following them you will be able to install the carpet perfectly around doors.
Here come, some of the main important things which you must get to know in a detailed manner which will help you out largely in having the basic ideas to install the carpet. By reading this further, you will be quite clear.
Why Install Carpet?
The first and the main reason to install carpet around doors is to change the look and the feel of your home, which could be easily done by getting help from some professionals. And thus, the thing which you must be clear is that do not get into trouble by installing it by yourself as it requires help from the professional carpet installers.
Also, it is not easy but a tricky job to install carpet around the doors. And there are many different factors present that will reduce the lifespan of your carpet. To ensure that it is not damaged or destroyed before its end time, you must do it in the professional style.
Steps Involved in Installing Carpet around Door:
There are certain steps present in installing the carpet. By continuing to read this article in further, you will be able to get to know about them in a detailed manner. Following are the steps involved.
- The first and the foremost thing which you must do are to have all basic and needful tools which are really required to get this job done professionally.
- As you have all the needful tools, the next thing which you must do is to take a hand saw and to cut the tackless strips into pieces in the size which it perfectly fits. Do not miss any angle or dimension.
- The third step which you must do is, to install the strips around the wall with the help of a hammer and some nails. Make sure that you are perfectly placing the strips as measured before and ensure that it is tight and do not lay the strips where the door gets opened.
- You can also remove your door for a while which will lessen the time duration it may take to install the carpet around the door.
- To get the job done correctly, install the Carpet padding onto the floor. This is one of the important things which should be done.
- After that, with the help of the knee-kicker, you can attach the carpet to the tackless strip. This tool will help you in getting the job done in a perfect manner.
- Next is to install the gripper edge. You can do this easily with the help of the guide which is attached to it.
And finally, you can replace your door back into position. If you are unable to open your door after carpet installation, then all you have to be doing now is to cut the door into the size which fits perfectly.