Thinking About Installing Laminate Flooring in Bathroom
Laminate flooring comes in a wide range of designs and because it has a waterproof finish. This is a good choice for a bathroom floor covering. If you want to update your bathroom easily, install a new laminate floor. Laminate flooring in the bathroom is easy to install and maintain long term durability.
Consider Laminate Flooring in a Bathroom:
Here are some elements to consider when choosing laminate flooring in bathroom:
Laminate can look like wood or tile. You can get laminate that looks like anything from polished marble to slate. Laminate is prefinished and available in matte coatings.
- Consider the bathrooms usage footprint:
Heat and humidity are tough about anything and bathroom spaces to seem to specialize in both. There are other flooring options that may be more suitable. Hot shower is not the issue in the cumulative effect of steam. Good ventilation in any bathroom is the key.
- Laminate floors are no problem and be careful with full bathrooms. Laminate floors aren’t the best idea for the full bathrooms in homes.
- Glue should be used when installing laminate floors in bathrooms.
- Bathrooms are likely to need plank replacement due to the damage caused by dropped objects because bathrooms are wetter environments.
- When you are using glue, there will be a bit of excess glue coming to the surface.
- Remove the excess glue by using a knife and clean without scratching the floors surface.
- If you get glue on the surface of your floor, you can use acetone to remove it.
- Don’t forget the sealant for installation bathroom floor installations.
- Resistant silicone will protect the exposed plank edges in your bathroom from tropical
Is Laminate Appropriate for Bathroom Flooring?
In some cases laminate flooring will be good for bathroom installation. You need to check the manufacturers when you are purchasing your laminate flooring and also take into consideration that some manufacturers will void their warranty if the flooring is installed in a bathroom. You may want to seal the floor around the area of the room to keep the moisture from getting underneath.
The Pros and Cons of Laminate Flooring in your Bathroom:
There are some pros to having laminate flooring in your bathroom, as well as some cons.
- Laminate flooring is very user-friendly. Depending on the size of your bathroom, you can have all of the laminate flooring and moldings.
- When you have laminate flooring installed you don’t want to worry about those dings in your flooring.
- Laminate flooring is very easy to clean and you should not use a saturated mop on your laminate flooring.
- Laminate flooring is available in tile or slate so that you can enjoy the look of ceramic tiles.
- Laminate flooring can become slippery when wet.
- Laminate flooring can wrap if the moisture level becomes excessive.
There are many other styles with dramatic colors and designs. Nothing competes with bathroom laminate flooring when it comes to decorating options.